Re-Admission to UIW

Main Campus Undergraduate Readmission

All former students who have been absent from the University for one full academic year or more must file for re-admission to the University. There is no fee to reapply.  If a student, during his or her absence from UIW has attended any other institution, he or she must submit an official transcript reflecting attendance.

Please review requirements

  • Submit college transcripts (Official transcripts of any and all college-level transcripts completed or attempted). Transcripts from every institution attended are required, even if you did not earn credit or receive a course grade or if the course is nontransferable.
  • A student who leaves UIW on academic probation or enforced withdrawal are advised to show evidence of a positive life change and academic progress in support of their application. Support documents frequently used include, but not limited to: letters of recommendation and a personal statement addressing why the student is better prepared to be successful in an academic environment.
  • For assistance with the main campus undergraduate application, please call the Office of Admissions at (210) 829-6005.
  • File a formal application for main campus undergraduate readmission.

School of Professional Studies Readmission

Students who were previously enrolled at UIW in the School of Professional Studies (SPS) or (formerly known as School of Applied Sciences (SAS), ADCaP or UIW Online in the Extended Academic Programs division), but have not attended class in more than two terms (16 weeks) and have not yet graduated with an undergraduate or graduate degree, do not need to complete a new application. These students should complete the Student Readmission Form.

If you have never attended UIW, please complete the application for new students.

For assistance with the School of Professional Studies application, please email our admissions staff or call (210) 757-0202.

Application deadline is the Sunday one week prior to the term start date.

Graduate Studies Readmission

All graduate, doctoral and professional students wishing to be readmitted should complete the readmission form located on the Graduate Studies Readmission web page.

For more information, or to schedule your appointment, please contact Graduate Admissions at, or call (210) 805-3554.